Hitachi Global Air Power is a compressed air solutions and services provider that operates across Australia.
In keeping with our values, Hitachi Global Air Power is committed to protecting the environment, health and safety of our employees and the customers and communities where we work and live. All employees and contractors under our operational control must manage EH&S in line with this commitment and policy.
- Pursue a goal of no harm to people
- Encourage all business operations to conduct their activities in a manner that will avoid uncontrolled discharges to the environment, reduce the generation of waste and prevent pollution of the atmosphere
- Comply with all applicable EH&S laws, regulations, internal standards and other requirements
- Manage EH&S as any other business critical activity
- Use material and energy efficiently during the production and maintenance processes Hold operating managers accountable for safety and environmental performance and for providing leadership and required resources
- Promote a culture in which all employees share this commitment
- Require all employees to comply with these standards
- Systematically manage EH&S to ensure compliance with the law and achieve continuous performance improvement
- Set targets for improvement and measure, appraise and report on performance. Includes EH&S in the appraisal of all staff and reward them accordingly.
- Integrate EH&S considerations into investment decisions, the design of products and services, and in dealings with suppliers and contractors
- Provide the necessary resources to allow for the effective implementation of the EH&S Management System
- Require contractors to manage EH&S in line with this Policy
Hitachi Global Air Power’s EH&S culture is centred around ZERO TODAY.
ZERO TODAY reflects our commitment to work safely with zero injuries, zero accidents, zero at-risk behaviours and zero spills. It connects everyone on the team and communicates that everyone has a role to play in a safe workplace.
ZERO TODAY is easy to for all employees to understand and allows simple conversations to be held by all leaders with their staff, and between staff as well as contractors and visitors. The cornerstone for ZERO TODAY is ownership and accountability.
Employees are encouraged to think about their role in ZERO TODAY, their actions and accountability, their influence, and what they are prepared to do to achieve zero today, and everyday.
It is the policy of Hitachi Global Air Power to strive to meet or exceed customer expectations in all transactions.
To ensure we meet our policy aims, we use ISO9001:2015 as our quality operating system.
Specific Policy Objectives:
- To ensure that customer requirements are determined, met, and where possible exceeded, to continually enhance customer satisfaction.
- To obtain recognition of the quality and reliability of our products and services as a prerequisite for the progressive and profitable growth of the company which will allow all members of our team to benefit from stable employment, fair rewards, and opportunities for advancement.
- To obtain continuous improvement in all areas of the company’s operation by identifying the core processes, and monitoring / measuring / improving their effectiveness.
- To ensure that the company policy is communicated and understood within the organisation and that it is periodically reviewed by management for continuing suitability.
Hitachi Global Air Power recognises and plans its quality system around the belief that prevention and continuous improvement are the fundamental elements to securing and maintaining total customer satisfaction. Each employee of Hitachi Global Air Power is accountable for ensuring that internal and external customers are satisfied and will follow the quality systems and procedures detailed in the quality manual.