It’s been a long time coming for the Perth team but after more than four decades of operation in the region, they’ve officially moved into a brand-new purpose-built facility in Wattle Grove.
The company first launched into the Perth market in the 1980s and has become a well-established fixture servicing a range of industries across WA including mining, drilling and exploration, oil and gas, and chemical manufacturing. The needs of customers across these industries are great and the new facility has been designed with amplified servicing of these industries as priority.
The new branch covers a much larger footprint than the Canning Vale site, offering incredible scope for increased service, support, and manufacturing capabilities. Its Wattle Grove location puts it in an ideal location centrally located to freight lines, the airport, and the major arteries connecting Perth’s metropolitan area to regional and rural customers.
A large and ever evolving team
Richard Barnes is Customer Service Manager of the Perth branch and works with a dynamic team both in-house and on the road. The capabilities of the entire Perth team include sales and service people, metro and remote service technicians, air end centre technicians, apprentices and leading hands, warehouse and parts coordinators, sales managers, and section heads across the air ends centre, drilling, and engineered product design.
Facilities that empower greater service capability
The new facility sets this team up for success across all divisions. The increase in size offers greater scope for service delivery with opportunities to provide efficient, personalised solutions to the local market. This is especially the case in the warehouse which is a real game changer for the Perth team. It’s larger size can accommodate a bigger workforce, and fundamental things like layout, storage and inventory control are now seamlessly integrated. Each of the divisions now boast their own unique features and benefits.
Service and support
- Our Service Business Consultant, Darren Smart who works closely with Richard Barnes and the rest of the service department. Darren also works closely with our WA Sales team to allow a streamlined service delivery post sale.
- Jesse Mellor is Regional Sales Manager for WA and right hand man to National Sales Manager Gareth Spencer who work collaboratively to support the local and national sales teams.
- Increased staffing and improved inventory control
- Increased stock holding for parts and accessories reducing product wait times
- Local on site repairs and maintenance
- Space for production of bespoke items and in-house skid frame builds
- Increased capacity to receive and deliver larger combo compressors.
- Increased capacity to support larger customers and work on multiple units simultaneously
Julian Forte is National Drilling Manager
- Drilling is a major part of the business and growing
- Supporting 80–90% of the drilling companies in WA with parts, service and sales
- Increased spare parts holding capacity
- Increased stock on hand
- Quentin Sanders is Leading Air End Tech
- With new air end tables in place, Perth’s Air end centre is now set up to double or potentially triple its existing capacity
- Larger stores of parts on site and more comprehensive air end support
Hire and rental
- Wade Bailey is National Hire and Rental Manager
- Hire and Rental division now has larger capacity for local stock resulting in a quicker turnaround.
- Capacity to offload, assess, quote and repair multiple compressors.
Engineered product design
- Sean Maroney is the National Engineered Solutions Manager
- The Perth branch is now well placed to focus on EPD and skid manufacture
- Customised engineered solutions are integral to mine sites
- Dedicated section of the warehouse for EPD Skids + compressor, dryer, receiver
- Skid machine assemblies.
Sustainable as well as functional
In addition to the functional elements of the new facility, it also has some pretty impressive green credentials too. The Wattle Grove site sits on a footprint of 7500 square metres in a developing and innovative industrial estate. Its contemporary design includes a number of environmentally friendly elements including energy efficient lighting and office features, sustainable waste water disposal, solar and battery power, and EV charging stations ready for the incoming fleet on order.